The Waste Sales Consultant is responsible for ensuring that all waste leads are timeously contacted and sales are closed.
About Smarter Business Group
Smarter Business is a UK-based company with offices in Hilton, KZN – South Africa, Haywards Heath – United Kingdom and Ringwood – United Kingdom.
- Fastest growing TPI (third-party intermediary) broker in the industry.
- Ranked as the 3rd leading consultancy by Cornwall Industry Insights.
- Runner-up in the 2018 TELCAs – ‘Awesome Place to Work’ award.
- 2018 finalist for ‘Best Customer Service’, ‘Best Advice’, ‘Industry Expert’ and ‘Consultancy of the Year’.
- 220 Staff members in our SA office and two UK offices.
- Platinum-accredited partner to Total Gas and Power.
- Official energy partners to the P.G.A. and A.A Hospitality Association.
Scope of job
- To build and maintain a future pipeline in accordance with the lead criteria.
- To generate opportunities resulting Sales.
- The Sales Consultant assists the sales divisions in driving sales growth strategies – and ensuring that these strategies are adopted in all levels of the department.
- Charged with developing improvement plans (that are based on sales performance reports).
- Assists in the identification of solutions/technologies that drive sales efficiency and, consequently, revenue.
- Plays an analytical role, where he is responsible for sales analytics, sales tracking, sales effectiveness, and reporting of sales performance.
- May be required to request the support of, or provide assistance to, other relationship linked business areas (if it affects the sales division pre or post sale).
- To generate opportunities resulting in revenue.
- To enhance and streamline processes to make the service to our clients efficient, cost effective and more valuable.
- To be compliant with relevant laws, such as the GDPR, in addition to the TPI Code of Practice.
- Offer a comprehensive service to both customer and support departments alike.
- On an ongoing basis, remain up to date with the Waste Markets.
- All Salesforce tasks will be up to date at all times – not negotiable.
- Responsible for reaching targets set forth by the Employer (KPI).
- All queries by other departments are dealt with immediately and on time.
- The Sales Consultant will – by using Pipeline Dashboards and Reports generate leads.
- Required to action any sales related queries from any department responsible for the progression of the sale so long as it applies to the duties and requirements for lead generation.
- Generate waste sales in both England and Scotland through all available means including but not limited to recycled data or cold canvassing campaigns, existing pipelines and through any cross sell opportunities through the company’s affiliate or lead campaigns.
- Ensure that all Sites are created as soon as the information required to do so is made available, through access of the supplier portals or client bills, where relevant.
- Ensure that all quotes are recorded on our CRM aka Salesforce.
- Fielding of all pre sale customer queries relating to the contract process.
- Excellent verbal, listening and communication skills.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Negotiating and people skills.
- The ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Ability to work to deadlines and perform effectively and accurately under pressure.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in the business sales environment.
- An understanding of the sales process and sound knowledge of buyer behaviour.
- Grade 12 (Matric).
Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CVs to: email@example.com
We regret, due to possible high volumes of received applications, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.